Upside Down

Busy: Active, engaged, buried, having a full plate, having many irons in the fire, having fish to fry, occupied, on the go, overloaded, swamped, up to one's ears...



Any way you put it, these last two months have been crazy! Sunday evening, on a rare quiet night in, my boys and I cuddled on the couch. As bedtime approached Dan and I played a game, back and forth bringing up songs and videos on our ipads we thought Hudson would enjoy. I then thought of a song I used to play for Hudson while I was pregnant. He had his favorites. Some that seemed to calm him when he was ultra active, some that would really get him going, kicking and dancing in my belly. After he was born, I would play the same songs for him as he would swing and he would mimic the same actions he did before birth.

And so, I played for him another Jack Johnson favorite of his (yes, I know, big Jack fans here), Upside Down. He started shaking his head and doing his signature "chicken wing" move.

And in true mama fashion, it brought tears to my eyes. Yes, Hudson, you have turned my world "Upside Down" and I have a feeling I'm not alone. At a time when I think we all needed an extra dose of happy, Hudson delivered and continues to each and every day.



I love you, my Huddy. You make me believe anything is possible. With each new day I can feel a change in everything. You've opened my mind, my curiosity and I want to turn the world upside down with you.

OK, Daddy can come too.


This is how it's supposed to be. I don't want this feeling to go away. Please don't go away. Ever.


















I really do mean, ever. Even when you're 18 and it's time to go to college. Nope. That's why we live close to KU. You can commute. :)






I'm sure you'll get even with "May May" someday. But this one might just haunt you for a while. Sorry, Hud.

Comments

Popular Posts