Big heart



There are small moments I treasure as a mom.  I'm pretty lucky to spend SO much time with my babies I have so very many of them.   (Oh yes, some days it's a blessing and a curse all at the same time!) 

This morning as we were driving to camp in Lawrence Hudson was smiling and giggling one moment.  The next he blurted out, "I miss D."  

For those who don't know, D was our sweet black lab who passed away shortly before the birth of Charli. 

"Aww, sweetheart.  I am sorry.  I do too.  D was an amazing dog." 

"I'll never see her again?" Hud whimpered.  

"Well, baby, you will see her when you go to a Heaven." 

More tears.  "But I don't know how to get to Heaven!" 

"Baby, you will go to Heaven when you die." 

Now wailing.  "I'm going to die too?!" 

"Oh, no, sweetheart.  Not for a very long time.  Oh look. A firetruck!"  

Whew.  Distraction worked.  

The tears were gone and we hurried to get into camp. But as soon as we got in, Hudson burst through the room yelling to his counselor, "I miss my dog, D!"  

"Oh," she said "you will get to see D after camp." 

I shook my head.  "D passed away... 2 years ago," 

And I bailed.  She was on her own with that one. 

I love that boy.  The size of his heart and his sensitivity astounds me.  








Comments

Popular Posts