Here ya go




Today is my birthday. My life has changed quite a bit from the month long princess celebration that was the honoring of my birth.  At 3:45 we were awakened to our bedroom door slowly opening and a little voice whispering, "my pants are wet." This was followed by a scurry of changing sheets and pajamas, goodnight kisses and a sprint back to bed before the littler one awoke, too.  I do believe Guiness would be impressed by the speedy and efficient work of us from dead sleep... 

But the kids slept in today.  Hudson slept until almost 8, and while Dan had to rush off to a meeting, my boys sang "Happy Birthday" to me.  With all we've dealt with in speech, hearing him say all of those words warmed my heart.  

Dan slipped off and left Hudson and I to cuddle, but Hudson was restless wanting to retrieve the money he has earned.  For the past week we have been starting Hudson on "chores" to make money to buy little things in his "store."  We have stickers, tattoos, slap bracelets, all those treasures a four year old adores.  And so, a bit put off that he wanted his money to buy something already I helped him find his money.  But, what happened next I didn't expect. 

He handed me his prized quarter and said, "Happy Birthday, Mommy. I love you.  I didn't get you a present.  Can you buy you a pink sparkly Spider-Man with my money?" 

Love that kid.  He always knows how to make me feel special.  Just like his daddy.  


But no, of course I wouldn't let him spend his money on me.  We walked to our kitchen "store" and he got the biggest,baddest ninja turtle tattoo.  

Happy birthday to me!  




Comments

Popular Posts