Happy Birthday Hudson!

On Hudson's birthday I awoke to Dan watching me. No, not in that "you're so beautiful that I just want to watch you sleep" kind of way, (totally surprising, right?!) "I can't wait til he wakes up," he said.

I couldn't either, but not so much that I had been up for the last hour like Dan. And so, we waited. As soon as we heard him on the monitor we got ready for our singing. Ever since I could remember as a family we had been woken on our birthdays with the rest of the family singing. To some of us, pretty much just me, this was a HUGE treat. To others, namely my sister that despises having Happy Birthday sang to her more than I ever dreamed possible, it was a dreaded element of the birthday.

But, hoping that Hud took after his mom and dad and would relish in the attention, we opted to try out the tradition for ourselves.

Yep, totally took after Dan and I, until he didn't.

Comments

Popular Posts