Chaos Walking


With Dan away in Canada this week, Hudson and I took a rather quick trip to Derby to visit my family. Tuesday morning was hectic, trying to get packed up and ready for the day. I worked quickly. I let Hudson take a shower with me to consolidate tasks. When we got out of the shower, I dried him off and went to put on his diaper. Oops, we were out of diapers upstairs. "That's OK," I thought, I'll get my clothes on, and then run down and get one.

As I dashed for my clothes, Daisy, our Chihuahua cried to get on the bed. I lifted her up, found my clothes and hurriedly dressed in the bathroom. As soon as I reentered the bedroom, I knew it wasn't good. The smell gave it away first. Then the brown goo on Hudson's extended hands and his chubby toes told the rest of the story. "Daisy! No!" I yelled sternly, looking around for the little white dog and scooping Hudson in my arms to throw him back in the bathtub.

At that moment, from the bed, came the coughs of Daisy. Her shaking little Chihuahua self, nervous as could be for being yelled at for something she obviously wasn't apart of, began to vomit.

And so, what started with everyone clean and ready to start the day, quickly had transformed into a dirty comforter, a very dirty carpet and an even dirtier Hud.

Just another glamorous day in the life. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Comments

Popular Posts