shark boy



With Dan away Hudson and I try to keep ourselves busy.  And so, we set out this morning with a list of places to go and things to do.  I tend to strategically plan my lists such that I get the most important things done first and leave room to miss out on others if time runs short and nap approaches.

We breezed through our list today and at the end we had to return some flip-flops I had bought for Hudson.  Anyone who has talked with Hud lately is aware of his love, OK it's more an obsession with sharks.  Weeks ago I had purchased him some shark flip-flops.  Fast forward a week and I lost one.  Knowing he loved them and feeling a bit of mom guilt I bought a replacement pair. But, as it always goes, I found the missing one not long after.  

So, we returned them and decided to kill some time browsing other items.  Along the way, Hudson found a shark beach bag he fell in love with and so we scooped it up and headed to see if we could find something for "baby sis" as Hudson calls her.  

As we looked and he sweetly picked out things he liked, I talked with him about his sister.  "Her name is Charli," I told him.  "Can you say Charli?". Hudson just listened taking it all in.  As I tend to do, I repeated myself a few times more emphasizing Charli.  

Hudson ogled at a pink little jumper with fish.  Suddenly he stopped and looked at me, and with slow calculated effort he spoke.  "Shark-lee!"  His face lit up into a big dimply smile and he started chanting, "shark-lee! Shark-lee!  Baby sis!  Shark-lee!" 

Sorry, Charli.  

Call it selfishness that Hudson thinks I'm pretty cool right now for naming you after a shark.  Call it favoritism that your brother got a win today.  Or, just know that you already hold a special place in your big brother's heart as his little "shark-lee."

We can't wait to meet you, baby girl!  And yes, I know, I will eventually correct him.  :)  


And no, I don't have any pictures of you, so I just had to fill the post with more pictures of the Hud.  I'll make it up to you.  Promise.


These are just some pics of Hudson's day and of course rocking his new shark man bag.  



Comments

Popular Posts