Too Big


On Wednesdays I go to a mother's fellowship/bible study at church.  For those who know me, I'm a worrier by nature and didn't have the best track record with Hudson being in other's care. (If you have any doubt you can read the blog history for all of our separation anxiety sagas.) So, while church has childcare for this time, I often find myself slipping away occasionally to check on my sweet Charli.  And yes,more for my sake than for hers. 

As I tip-toed down the hall and peeked around the corner today I scanned the room. "Not there. Those kids are too big."  

They all sat, perched on chairs sweetly eating a snack of goldfish.  The "aww" effect grabbed my heart, but then I was quickly slapped with reality as I saw her.  My sweet baby Charleston was one of these "too big" kids.  There she sat, in a big-kid chair, delicately eating a snack with her little friends.  

In my mind, I somehow flew down the hallway and found myself with my back against a wall quietly shedding tears in the atrium.  It is in moments like these that I'm hit with how quickly they are growing, and how quickly the time is passing.  Each day I am in awe of these amazing little people in my life and the magnitude in which they have changed me and how I see the world.  



So next time I start sobbing when you offer me some goldfish, you'll get it.  




Comments

Popular Posts