Happy birthday to me!



It all started at 3 AM with a tiny little voice on the monitor saying "Mommy! Daddy! I'm scared of rain." Barks went in, scooped her up and brought her to our bed.  She cuddled up closely to me and her soft little hands touched my face, "happy birthday mommy," she said.

A few hours later Dan's alarm went off and he rushed to get ready for his day. I tried to sleep but heard him crashing around attempting to not wake me.  With a quick kiss and a sweet happy birthday, he was gone. 

After some time in bed watching my phone and social media explode with well wishes from dear friends and loved ones, I called my sister and competed my yearly demand for her to sing to me. She refused. She despises the birthday song! We laughed, and she wished me a happy day. 

I then called my parents for the satisfaction of my birthday song wish and was filled with more love and happy wishes. 

About 30 minutes later my bedroom door slowly opened and a perky blonde boy started to sing. He made me coffee and a Twinkie and we are cuddling and he's discussing what costume he's going to wear for my big day! It's 8:34 and I think I've already had the best day ever.  I love, I am loved and appreciated. Does it get much better than that? 

I guess this BIG number isn't so bad. 💗





Comments

Popular Posts