Weird

My friends would say I'm weird.  Dan's would, too.  I never say he "can't" do something with the guys, nor would he ever say I couldn't go out with my friends.  Yes, I enjoy a good girls' night just as much as anyone else, but honestly, we're one of those weird couples that really prefers being together.  

Maybe we hang out "too much."  I thought the newness would wear off and we'd like some more space by now, but crazier still, I miss him even more.  Having kids no one tells you how much you will miss your spouse.  Sure, we are still together a lot, but between work, kids and life, there's constant distraction. Constant. It's just not the same.  

And so, as we embark upon a crazy move and a chapter of having "school-aged kiddos" I'm blessed with a few days kid-free to get my head on straight and actually be productive without little hands in everything.  (Thanks, Nana and Granddad!) in this quiet, stillness, I am reminded of how much I love and appreciate my other half, my better half, my best friend. 

Maybe we are "weird," but together we are the perfect amount of it.  

Thank you, Barks, for giving me the best adventures I could ever dream.  

Let's do this! 

Comments

Popular Posts