Pick a date


Today was our 36 week appointment! Six weeks ago when I first began showing signs of preeclampsia we only hoped we would make it to 36 weeks, now we're sailing right through. Thank you, God, for another great appointment! Hudson performed beautifully on his NST (with a little help from Baby Einstein to wake him up) and all of my tests looked great today. My blood pressure remains slightly high, but responds well to rest so doctor says she is happy with that. I've started to efface and he's moved down, but no dilation quite yet. All looks great she says, although the one startling comment, "big baby, big head" was repeated a little too many times for my comfort (and continues to haunt my brain!)
As we were getting ready to leave and were setting up my next bi-weekly visits, my doctor asked Dan and I to pick a date. Dan looked at me blankly. I had to explain she wanted us to pick a date for induction in case he doesn't come before a certain time. The doctor has decided to use our latest dating- done at our very first ultrasound - of February 23 for which not to go beyond. Caucasian male babies are the slowest at lung development, so she wants to err on the side of caution to give his lungs enough time to develop before inducing too early. But, with my risk of seizures and organ failure from preeclampsia it is also a delicate balance not to let me go too long. With that, (some humming and hawing, checking our calendars, and logically concluding the farther from Valentine's Day the better- he wouldn't want to buy a girl a present on his birthday after all,) we picked the 19th...and it's scheduled. Seemed like quite the odd "appointment" to add to my iPhone. Dan sweetly said he'd add it as an "all day event" (quite the commitment for my busy scheduled hubby ;)

Personally, I don't really like the idea of "picking his birthday." But, from the strong-willed acts of Hudson so far, I have a feeling if he doesn't like the 19th, he'll come whenever he wants. :)

So there it is, the update! Thanks for the continued love and prayers!

And no, I didn't pick the 19th because it was my original Expectnet guess, but I will be pretty impressed if that ends up being it! If you haven't put in your guesses yet, it's really anyone's game. It could happen anytime in the next 29 days! Good luck!

Comments

Popular Posts