My Prince

"I'll send you home," she said, but only if you "be a princess and let everyone else take care of you until I see you on Tuesday." This was my doctor at our appointment on the 30th. A princess? Of course I can act like a princess. This will be nothing, or so I thought . . .

To back up a bit, on the 23rd I began showing signs of preeclampsia. The doctor ordered me to take it easy over the holidays. On the 30th I went back and while Hudson looked great on the ultrasound and biophysical profile, my blood pressure was still high. The doctor had me lay on my side for a while and try to get it down, but it wasn't responding the way she had liked. She toyed with the idea of sending me to Labor and Delivery for monitoring and possible delivery if it would not stay down, BUT, I lucked out and was instead told to stay off of my feet and away from the office until she could check me again on the 5th.

So, here I am, a million things to do to get ready for Hudson and stuck with my feet up. Not exactly in concert with a nervous nesting mommy!

But just as this weary princess couldn't imagine being able to possibly get ready for our little boy, my prince came and rescued me. Since Wednesday Dan has been working tirelessly in the nursery and making sure that I don't have to lift a finger and worrying about me and his little boy every moment. He's cooked for me, put clean sheets on the bed for me and even went to the store. (which for those who know Dan know this is one chore he never tackles alone!)

I certainly can't imagine going through this alone and know there is no one more I'd want by my side. I'm so very lucky to have found such a amazing man to take care of me and to rely on through life's ups and downs. Oh, and he's quite the designer, too. After 4 long days of painting and making Hudson's letters "just right" the painting is finished. I'm thrilled with how wonderful it looks and cannot wait until everything is in place. What an amazing man I married and what an incredible daddy he is going to be.

Check out the pics and let us know what you think! (The typography spells out Hudson Barker 2010.) The font for the B is the same font we used for our wedding invitations, the d is the same font as the logo for Prairie Dunes where we had our reception, and the K is the Trajan font for our beloved Jayhawks. These were sweet touches added by Dan to make Hudson's room extra special.





Comments

  1. I love the room, it so adorable and special to Baby Hudson! I'm so sorry you're on bed rest, but enjoy it! I would love a month of someone waiting on me and doing nothing! Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts