Before you were...





In just a matter of a few short weeks Hudson will be here. It's hard to believe time has gone by so quickly. Hudson's room is almost complete, so here are a few shots of the final (or almost final - we have some shelves and wall art to add) product.
Between Dan's excellent painting and my mom and sister swooping in this past weekend and finalizing all of the details, I'm thrilled with how amazing it turned out! (Please forgive the low quality iPhone pics, once everything is done I'll get some better pics, promise! :)




Several years ago I saw this in a baby store and it immediately brought tears to my eyes thinking of my little one that someday would be. My mom sweetly remembered this from so long ago and surprised me with it for Hudson's room this weekend. Now, as I sit and rock my little boy to sleep before he is even in my arms, I am reminded again at how much he has been loved and wanted even before he ever was.

My Hudson has always been mine to have, mine to love, and forever will be. The thought of seeing his sweet face in just a matter of mere weeks could keep me going through another 9 months of nausea and misery. He is worth every ache, every uncomfortable moment, every trip to the bathroom, every possible stress the doctors could throw at us.

And as little as I understood it growing up, I now can finally grasp a mother's love and understand why Mom always says I will always be her baby.

Sorry Hudson, you may someday tower over and outweigh me, but you'll forever be my baby boy. I love you my Hudsy. Can't wait to see you!

Comments

Popular Posts