Mama


Exactly 1 week ago, I heard a sound I will never forget. Hudson was playing on the floor in the living room as I went to get his dinner ready. (And yes, we have an open floor plan so I can see Hudson in the living room from the kitchen.) Hudson was babbling, "Mmmmmmmmm, Mmmmmmmm" he repeated. "What's that, Hudson?" I responded. "Mmmmmmmm" he answered. "Yes, that's right," I encouraged. And then, the magical sounds came out of his mouth. "Mmmmaaammmaaaa!"

As it seems to be with these amazing Hud moments, (perhaps I sprout special "mom wings") I don't remember how I got into the living room, but in less than a second I was on the floor smothering him with kisses giggling and crying. I never imagined 2 syllables could ever resound such an amazing feeling of joy deep within my heart.

Just the night before I had been talking with Dan about going to work. It's not that I want to, but it has been quite an adjustment socially and financially, not to mention the complete loss of shopping in my life, but I remember between kisses and tears looking at the clock. 4:43. Yep, I would have missed it. Hearing my baby say "mama" for the first time, or a gorgeous pair of earrings I had my eye on at the Plaza Art Fair? Sorry, ears, you'll just have to wait.

(The picture was taken right afterward. He was very proud of himself. No, I don't have any videos of it yet, but I'm working on it.)

Comments

Popular Posts