My Hutch Puppy








This post is probably long over due. While I realize the "Dan stories" are among the favorites I blog about, there comes a time when I need to take a moment to give a "shout out" for all of the wonderful things he does. Dan has been working non-stop lately. Whether it's at C3 traveling all over to make sure "kids everywhere have crayons" (as he explains it to Hudson) or a holiday weekend at home spent tiling, (many thanks to Brent Mc as well) he truly has been working his tail off for the Hud and I.

It was thirteen years ago on September 12th that Dan and I first were introduced by my friend Jen at the Derby v. Hutch football game in Hutchinson. The next day, as we met up at the Kansas State Fair, I remember wishing I didn't have a boyfriend and he a girlfriend. Although we had just met, we immediately hit it off and I had such fun with him laughing. (He didn't like rides either- a perfect match!) But as we said goodbye that day I assumed this was probably the last time I'd see this cute Hutch kid. Little did I know then, that some 13 years later, I'd be traveling with this "Hutch kid" and our kid to Derby for some Panther/Salthawk action and Sunday to Hutch for our first State Fair as a family.

Even after 13 years, my most favorite thing to do with my Dan is laugh (Yes, honey, you still make me laugh!). Thank you, Barky, for all the hard work you do to take care of the Hud and I and to make for us the happy little life I love so much! I love you .2. <- !


And for the basement? Tiling is close to complete. This project will be done before we know it! I can't wait to decorate! (Yep, that was such a chick thing to say.)

Comments

Popular Posts