Hot Mama

I was born in the summer of 1980.  I've heard about my birth many times.  It was record breaking heat that summer and as luck would have it the air conditioning went out in the hospital when my mom went into labor.  Dad had to bring in a fan to attempt to keep Mom cool, but with temperatures around 110 circulating warm air around a stuffy hospital room did little to remedy the situation.  

So fast forward too many years to count (well you can calculate, i just prefer not o talk about my age) and here I am pregnant during a hot Kansas summer.  Yes, im getting mine.  I'm trying to be a good sport but it is hot and chasing after a very active Hudson doesn't always make for the most perky mama.  

Sunday afternoon we finished up a morning shopping at Legends and lunch at TRex.  A hot and sweaty me climbed in the car and cranked up the AC.  As we drove I reminded Dan of something I used to tell my friends before I ever decided to have a baby.  "Whenever I'm pregnant I think I will just wear a giant muumuu and be pulled around in a wagon full of pillows." 

"I think," I told Dan, "it's time for a wagon.". 

"Well," he said matter of factly, "we already have Huddy's wagon."

"Hmm. I think I may want one a little bigger.". I responded.  

"What I think you mean is you need a trailer."


Oh, Dan.  You a so lucky yesterday was Father's Day!   


Comments

Popular Posts