Someday


Someday I won't step on tiny Legos and hot wheels as I make my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
Someday I will sleep for long stretches and awake when my body says it is done.
Someday I will take a super hot shower all alone and leisurely shave my legs.  
Someday I will carefully apply my makeup and fully dry and style my hair.  
Someday I will walk into my organized closet and choose an outfit not by comfort and practicality, but by style.  
Someday I will sit and drink a whole cup of hot coffee while watching the news or reading the paper. 
Someday I will eat a meal without sticky fingers stealing mine, without poking tiny bits of food into other mouths.  
Someday my house will be clean and sticky fingerprint-free.
Someday my shoes will be right where I left them with no little feet stomping them around the house.  
Someday I won't have to pack a bag worth of emergency snacks, drinks and clothes for a trip to the store.  
Someday I'll be right on time for appointments and listen to my own channels on the radio in the car. 

Someday... 

And when that day comes,

I will be sad.  










Comments

Popular Posts