He'll give me what?!


The last few weeks we. have been hit with a streak of some bad luck.  While I would rather not go into details (I feel guilty enough) lets just say the has been some rather expensive mistakes and bad luck that has hit the Barkers.  And by Barkers, I mostly mean me and by me what I really mean is the hubs's car.  😕

And so, after another rough day, a sweet friend surprised me by popping over to drop off some homemade cinnamon rolls.  Yumm!  As she was preparing to leave, Hudson emerged from his room and he chatted for a short time with her.  He was telling her all about the elves and showing our Christmas tree.  

Our friend asked him, "Have you been a good boy, Hudson?" 

He smirked his ornery smile and said, "no, I not listen to Mommy." 

"Well, then, " she answered, "you better start listening to mommy or Santa will give you coal!" 

He looked up, with a furrowed brow and cocked his head, "why? because Santa will cough on me?" 

She looked to me, baffled.  

I giggled and reassured him.  "No, Hudson, Santa won't cough on you.  He'll bring a LUMP of COAL. Not give you a COLD!"  
 

But either way, we are prepared.  






Comments

Popular Posts