Pink

So what is with all this talk of "Plexus" and "pink drink" all of a sudden?  I know you're wondering. What on earth is this girl up to now? Well, here you go.

An attorney by education, we decided when my son was born 5 years ago that I would leave my job and stay home with him. Then, about a year and a half ago my mom introduced me to a product I adored and an opportunity to go into business with 2 of my best friends, she and my sister. "Working with 2 of my favs? Yes please!"  

We started our Nerium business as a group and for fun. Little did we know the huge opportunity Nerium held! We had tons of fun traveling together, meeting new people and sharing the fantastic products, and making money! Life was good! 

Then, last fall, I got shingles. Yes. Shingles.  It covered the right side of my face, scalp and eyelid. The itchy red rash hurt and was awful to look at, but even worse was that it affected the trigeminal nerve of my face.  This caused electric shock-like excruciatingly painful pulsations through the side of my face. There wasn't any treatment that offered relief. Pain medication barely touched it. Anti seizure medication helped buffer the shocks a bit, but left me groggy, unfocused and unable to function with active then 2 and 4 year olds. 

After about 6 weeks, the pain subsided and I was excited to have my life back. But, I was quickly sidelined once again. I remember taking this picture in the waiting room at urgent care on New Year's Eve. I was frustrated, trying to make light of the situation and hopeful that this too, would pass. 



Blood work and X-rays confirmed pneumonia. More medications were started, antibiotics, steroids, cough medicine and an inhaler.  

For the next 6 months, I went through relapse after relapse. I would finish one course of medication only for pneumonia to return. I was frustrated. I was depressed. I was anxious, and I didn't recognize myself. The steroids had made me appear puffy. I had gained a lot of weight. My skin was dull, my eyes sick and sad. I tried to put on a smile for my children, for my husband, for the world, but inside I was defeated. And scared. 

I didn't understand why my young (ok so relatively speaking here) my young-ish body was failing me. I was doing all the doctors instructed and yet... I couldn't get well. I was convinced there was something very seriously wrong with me and I was fearful to dig too deeply. 

While I wasn't actively working Nerium, I was so very thankful for it during this difficult time. I had the freedom to work as I could, to continue to share and still receive my residual income. It was a huge blessing, but as I battled with my health I felt my passion for the business fading.  

While I felt better through the summer, I battled lingering consequences of my poor immunity. I developed an intolerance to some of my favorite foods, my allergies were constantly troublesome, my anxiety reached a high, I couldn't sleep and yet that's all I felt like doing. I took sleep aids to rest, and woke up even more tired. I was battling with extra steroid weight, a diminished self worth and a lingering fear something was very wrong. 

Then, in August, I decided to again reach out to a sorority sister. Emily and I had communicated almost a year prior and both as successful women in network marketing. She tried Nerium and I tried a 7 day trial of Plexus. 

At that time, a year ago, I remember thinking how great the bust of energy felt that I gained from the pink drink. My head felt clearer, less cluttered. My sugar cravings had subsided and I found myself naturally making better nutritional choices. I wanted to try for a longer period, but as many of us do, I was pursued by other friends with other businesses and other products promising similar results. In an effort to support their passions and budding businesses, I went on to try another product that only left me jittery and anxious. Then, well, the "season of sickness" began. 

But this time, I jumped all in. I explained my struggles and it was recommended I order the Triplex. (This contains the Plexus slim "pink drink," biocleanse and probio5).  And after looking at pricing, I opted to become an Ambassador; not to create or start my own business. That was the last thing I needed! I joined for the discounts and potential to earn free products by sharing with my friends and family. 

I was hopeful. But I was very skeptical. 

I started drinking the pink drink daily and just felt better. I noticed my coffee needs decreased, my naps disappeared and my productivity increased. I slowly added the biocleanse and then the probio5. And slowly as the weeks progressed, I found I no longer needed my inhalers. My IBS is gone, my intolerances disappeared. I don't "need" coffee throughout the day. I fall asleep easily and awake refreshed, something I haven't done in years. And while it wasn't my direct intent to lose weight, I found that within the first month I lost 15 pounds effortlessly. 

My body feels in balance. I finally feel like the truest version of a healthier me. Weight loss is still something I'm working toward, but unlike any other time in my life, that is not my focus. I have realized the importance of whole body health, of gut health, of blood sugar stabilization and for me, with those things in place, weight loss follows.

And so, when you see my posts sharing Plexus, my friends experiences, stories and testimonies, that's what it's about for me. Money is always nice, but a sick, tired, anxious person can't enjoy any of it. 

With only 2 months on Plexus, I won't pretend to understand or know all the facts of how the products work, or why. But if you reach out, I promise,  I'll find out whatever I can to see if Plexus can help you, too.

Cheers! 







Comments

  1. And can we get a update on plexus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I need to! I desperately miss my blog! I'm making a commitment to get back at it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts