Magic Meatballs


Last year, the morning after our annual Barker's Bets Superbowl Party Dan and I were greeted good morning with a text from our dear friends the Dolls announcing the arrival of their baby boy, Jackson. So, it isn't a surprise that I and the rest of the "crew" was hopeful that another year of Barker's Bets would bring another new little person. But, Monday morning I awoke and looked down (which funny enough is what I tend to do every morning to see if I was just dreaming) and my Hudson bump still remained. Apparently, he hadn't escaped during the night.

In the hours that followed, I got numerous text messages asking for "baby updates." Well, if it wasn't the Superbowl itself, perhaps it was those magic meatballs we'd been joking about ever since. So yesterday, I found the recipe and got to work on my magic. Several hours later Dan and I enjoyed a delicious meal of spicy meatball subs. Then, we waited...

The KU/Texas game was on, so I was hopeful another nail-biter by the Jayhawks and my precious meatballs would provide the perfect recipe for a labor inducing evening. I washed our sheets and vacuumed our room... and waited. I bounced on my exercise ball and took a long shower... and waited. Then, just as the KU game ended, they started. Contractions! I was just sure this was it. I tried not to make a big deal to Dan. Poor guy was exhausted after an evening of painting the basement, so as he fell asleep I was hopeful. This was the night. Contractions continued hard until midnight. Then, as suddenly as they had appeared, they were gone, leaving only a terrible tummy ache and a restless night ahead.

So no, no baby, and perhaps now I can put to rest the myth of the "Magic Meatballs." Which, is rather disappointing. I was hoping this could be my ticket to fortune! I know there are a lot of desperate pregnant ladies out there!

I guess after weeks of telling Hudson to wait and not come see us early, he finally started listening. Go figure!

I think this one is teaching me something about patience already and considering I'm one who can never save a present for Christmas morning, this almost 39 week wait is killing me!

But soon, all of this wait and all of this anticipation will be worth it!

Off to try some Mexican... I'll keep you posted.

Comments

  1. I heard the pink sauce from Pizza Shop induces labor...maybe pizza in a few days?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that may be dinner tonight! :) Thanks, Lizzie!! haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts