It just keeps getting better

Three nights ago as I got Hudson in his pajamas, or JJs as we call them around here, I started crying. I couldn't help it. A few weeks ago Dan and I bought a bunch of 6 month JJs just to be prepared for whenever Hudson moved to the next size. That evening I had put a pair on Hudson and laughed at how huge they still were on my little boy. Since, I had continued to deny he was ready to "graduate," but this evening, I decided to no longer ignore his ever shrinking pajamas and to try once again to see how close we were. As I snapped the buttons and he stretched his legs I saw he completely filled them out now, his little toes reached the ends. He kicked and smiled happily. My eyes welled up with tears. My little boy was literally growing right before my eyes.
But, just as I longed to grasp for my sweet baby to stop growing, he hit a milestone that made me rethink my wish. As Dan and he were playing the next evening, I heard from the other room, the most amazing sound. Hudson was giggling. Big belly laughs as Dan was teasing him. I thought smiling was fun. This just reached a whole new level!




I can't end this post without noting a sight bit of bitterness that accompanies this new milestone. Hudson has yet to giggle for me. He giggled first for Dan. 24/7 with this boy and he laughs first for Dan?! He also smiled for him first. Fair? Of course not. Dan just says I'm not funny. I think I need to work on my material...

If you'd like to see more videos of Hudson, go here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/kittykinsbarkerkins

Comments

Popular Posts