CEO

OK, so 3 posts in 2 days has got to make up some ground for my blog neglect recently, right? Truth is, it's raining outside, Hud is napping and Dan is working all day. It's amazing how much more quickly I can type when I have both hands free!

Yesterday, perhaps I preemptively celebrated a successful first week at my new job. Dan came home from work around 1 (he only works half days on Fridays, one of the perks of traveling so much and long work days, EARLY OFF FRIDAYS!). With 1 car these past couple of weeks, I was thrilled to get out of the house with my boys! (even if it was only to go to Costco) As we meandered through the aisles, Dan looked back from pushing the stroller to me with the cart and asked, "When is the guy coming out to look at the AC?" Oops. Totally dropped the ball on that one. I picked up my phone and called the repair place. "Oh good" the woman said when she picked up the phone. "We've been trying to find you. The repairman is at your house now." So, we abandoned our cart, dashed to the car and headed back home to find the technician waiting for us. Dan worked with him while I tended to Hud.

Luckily, it was a minor fix (thank you God, I am not a happy girl when I'm HOT!) We packed back up and were on our way. In the car I looked over at Dan and said, "I'm sorry. I don't know how I forgot, I swore I put it in my iCalendar!" He suggested that I was going to have to get a big old school "mom calendar" if I couldn't handle new fangled technology. We laughed at an earlier conversation in the week in which he told me he would put together a "job description" for me. I joked that since I had never gotten one, I hadn't done anything. "You kept that promise." Dan retorted. He thought for a while, then said. "You're basically CEO of the house." He could see the wheels turning in my head to which he quickly added with a smile, "too bad I'm Chairman of the Board."

Comments

Popular Posts