Sharing the crown


Last night, after a pretty draining 24 hours, Dan and I settled into our cramped hospital room (the teeny tiny pleather couch/bed for daddies truly is humorous).  As Dan cuddled Charli, I caught up on the blog and uploaded some photos. "Hey, Princess," he sweetly said.
I looked up.  But, instead of locking his gaze, his attention was elsewhere.  He adoringly peered into the eyes of his darling daughter while she stared back in mutual infatuation.  

It became clear.  Dan has a new princess and while i must admit I felt a short pang in my heart that I am no longer his ONLY girl, I couldn't be happier to share the title with her.  

Only her though, Barks.  Understood?  Seriously.  This is in no way a hall pass.  

Off to enjoy some more cuddles.  

Here's some pics of our first day.  Can't wait to get home and be a family...of 4!  

Whoa. That sounds really grown up.  



Comments

  1. She is really, really beautiful, Nikki! So happy for your family of 4! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts