Whack!



At my last job Pre-Hudson, a wise co-worker explained to me that our contract negotiations were much like the Whack-a-mole game.  Just when you thought you were in control, another little pesky issue or mole would pop up.  As an ode to this way of thinking, a game mallet trophy made its way around our office to be proudly displayed by whomever had managed the trickiest and stickiest of negotiations and clients.  Unfortunately, I was a common winner and proudly displayed the mallet on my desk a large part of my time there.

Today, as I pulled Hudson off of his step stool, picked Charli up crying, snatched scissors from Hud, pulled a dinosaur off Charli's face, fed a bottle one-handed while drawing a shark with the other, and had both children asleep for moments before one woke up, I had visions of this Whack-a-Mole game.  

Whew! Never a dull moment!  But, man, these moles sure are cute. 


Comments

Popular Posts