Family Hugs

Yesterday was a sad day for the Gordon family. Dakota Michael Gordon, our 15 year old lab passed away. I know everyone says they have the most amazing dog, but Dakota truly was. We brought him home as a surprise Christmas gift for my Mom 15 years ago. Hard to believe he's been in our family so long and yet at the same time, it seems like he's always been.

I'll forever remember the wonderful gift that Dakota was to our lives and the love he brought to our family. I'll remember him for his gentle spirit and sweet eyes. I'll never forget the sound of his shaking ears or his crazy puppy rampages around the dining room table. He was a dear friend to me and when I was injured in my car accident in 1995 and confined to my wheelchair he didn't leave my side. He slept by my hospital bed in the living room and when I finally had the strength to crawl up the stairs to my bedroom would walk up each step and lay beside me as I conquered each stair on my bottom.

Here's one last "family hug" to you, Dakota. Thank you, God, for 15 wonderful years with our dear friend. I love you Dakota, may heaven be filled with hot dogs and Garfield's milk! See you later my friend.

Comments

Popular Posts