I Love

Early on, Hudson told me "I love you."  He would sing it in the car to me and I loved hearing those simple, sweet words.  Now, as if he's in a hurry, it has been since shortened to just "I love."  Funny enough, I love the way it still sounds, so genuine, so pure, and just like Hudson, unique.  And today, in spirit of "I love"  I wanted to share some of thing things "I love" about my Hudson.

I LOVE...
the way you sing yourself to sleep.
the way your whole face scrunches up when you smile.
that when we kiss one animal goodnight, we have to kiss everyone: people, stuffed animals, dinosaurs, even dogs.
that you love kissing: hello, goodbye, just for fun.
the way you choose a "friend" to go with us when we leave the house... or 10.
the way you hold your dinos by their tales like they are a big catch.
the way you yell "mom" and throw your hands up in the car when a song comes on you want me to get down to.
the way I can never let you giggle alone.  It's contagious.
the way you can exclaim "num, num" in a thousand different ways to interpret just how good, or how much you want something yummy.
the way you always reach out for my hand when we're walking together.  You like to know I'm close.
the way you can't just point out a Jayhawk, you have to do the whole Rock Chalk chant.
the way you grab your blanket and your pie pie and sprint to your bed when I say "It's naptime."  (Yes, I'm serious. He LOVES naps.)
the way you are so particular about how all of your animals have to be lined up outside your bed.
the way you collapse onto me in a big hug when I get you out of your bed in the morning.
the way you yell out "Mom" the second you wake up, and if I don't come, how it switches to "Dad!"
the way you sneakily "steal" my chapstick and hide in the corner with the mirror admiring yourself as you put it on and then give the mirror a sweet kiss.
the way you love wearing my shoes and jewelry.  (I know the day will soon come when that's no longer cool.)
when you spontaneously run up to me and say "up mama" and you just want a quick hug.
that you love to dance. You can't hear a good song without wanting to move and want everyone else to join in.
that you don't know a stranger.  You consider everyone your friend with warm "hi" and squinty smile everywhere we go.
that you are my own little personal clown, sent to my world to make me smile...constantly.
I love...
that you see Mickey Mouse and have to sing the "hot dog" song, or when you see a hot dog.
the way you hide your face in my neck when you are scared, tired, or just want a good long hug.

And I love the way you make my life so much happier than I ever imagined.

I love you, Hudson from .2.  < -









Comments

Popular Posts