Don't say that



Thursday I picked Hudson up for school with my usual giddiness.  After a long holiday break of having him around me all of the time, I missed him terribly while he was away that day and I couldn't wait to hear about his adventures.  We got into the car and I began asking my usual questions.  

"How was your day?" I asked excitedly.  

"Trey farted!" Hudson exclaimed, as if that had any bearing on how his day was.  

I attempted to ignore it and ask different questions.  I asked if he had used the potty that day.  (We've been in serious potty training mode here.) 

"Yes! Mommy!" He shouted.  

I then remembered something I had been told about how to ask kids about their day to put a positive spin on it.  decided to try out my new trick.  

"Who was a good friend to you today?" I inquired. 

"Trey." He said matter-of-factly.  Then he added, "he farted!" 

I took a deep breath, trying to keep from giggling.  "Hudson, don't say that, OK." I said, attempting to emphasize that wasn't a nice thing to say.  

"Ok, Mommy." He nodded his head as though he got it.  Took a deep breath then added,

"I farted, too." 

Oh, Hudson.  He truly is All. Boy.  



Comments

Popular Posts