Braids, buzz, jack and a monkey

Cuddling in bed this morning with my sweetheart watching Curious George I ran my fingers through Charli's golden locks and started to braid.  To my surprise my sweet little baby girl now has hair long enough to french braid.  As I held the ends in my fingers and admired her gorgeous hair (it's straight out of a Disney movie I tell ya) I realized how long I had waited to do this.  Memories of sitting go watching my sister braid her hair and learning from her rushed over me.  Fast forward memories of braiding Barbie's and giggling together over failed attempts... Have I ever mentioned how grateful I am to have a girl AND a boy? 

HUd cuddled close with Barks.  A perfectly placed Buzz Lighyear sits atop daddy's face. "Look daddy, Buzz!" Chants the Chach.  

We all giggle to the destruction of George the monkey as we listen to the sounds of Jack Johnson.  

Yep.  It's a pretty perfect beautiful mess we're in.  

And my heart could explode. 

They (all 3 of them) certainly turned my world "Upside Down."  

But, "without them I was broken.  I'd rather be broke down with them by my side." 




Comments

Popular Posts