Crushin it at Epcot

Yes, I'm behind.  I was saying just the other day that I remember Disney being so tiring as a kid, but as an adult it's a whole different tired.  It's a complete adrenaline crash, combined with tired feet and sore body from holding little ones up to see.  So there's my excuse.  

On a Monday we traveled to Epcot! The day was jam packed yet again.  First up, was Soarin' a virtual fly over the world.  Chach and Granddad sat tgis one out due to height restrictions, but I was all in.  Well, truthfully, I was scared to death.  I hate heights,  I pretty much hate rides of all kinds, but just like most other elements of mommyhood, I stepped put of my comfort zone and nervously boarded.  It was pretty awesome!  Beautiful scenery and pretty cool effects.  And, I was happy I did it.  

Next up, a nice picnic lunch in the shade and then we went over to explore the aquarium and the Nemo ride.  Twice.  It was obviously a hit, and then on to Turtle Talk with Crush.  But, of course as the show began a small boy jumped up and exclaimed that he had to potty sending a ripple effect of other children making the same revelation. Of course, our little blond boy was victim as well.  So, Dan left with him and they missed the rest of the show.  Chach enjoyed it and has been proudly calling everyone "Dudes" ever since.  


After Nemo, Barks and I decided to break up the day and give Charli a rest before the evening activities.  So we left the big boy with his grandparents and we went to grab the car and head to the hotel.  

Sounded easy enough, right?  Yeah.  You'd think.  I think we searched for the car about an hour in the hot sun carrying a very tired, grumpy Charli.  Funny thing is,a tired and grump Charli says all the things out loud I'm thinking in my head.  So, it's kind of like having a puppet, but I don't get in trouble.

"Why did a Daddy lose the car?" 
"Are we ever going to find it?" 
"daddy! Hurry up!" 
"Dadddddy! Find the car. Right now!" 
"I'm a sleepy girl. Where's the car?" 
"I'm hot. I need water. Find the car, Daddy!" 

Eventually we found it.  Chach passed out within seconds.  We transported to her bed for a nap then she awoke and demanded food. She devoured 2 peanut butter sandwiches and declared she was ready for more Disney World.  


Next up: princess dinner.  

Comments

Popular Posts