My Favorite Date

Monday Dan and I celebrated the anniversary of our first date. It was our winter formal, "girls ask guys" Holly Ball dance and a week before the big day my date was grounded and I was left dateless. Having met Dan a few months prior, my friend Jen suggested I ask him. In an awkward phone call he agreed to be my date.

I tended to be attracted the the shy, quiet type, not at all like my Holly Ball date. I remember how embarrassed I was as we stood in line to have our pictures taken and Dan broke out in a dance to "Men in Black" in the stairwell. I was mortified. I politely tried to get him to stop, but in true Dan fashion this just made him more boisterous. As the night wore on I had no choice but to roll with it and I'm so glad I did. By far, that night was the most fun I ever had or would have at a dance! We danced, we were silly and we laughed and laughed and laughed.

Not much has changed really. I still have my moments where he embarrasses me and I try to quiet him. But then, when I relax and just enjoy the moments we end up laughing and laughing and laughing. He was then and will always be my favorite date. I can't believe it's been 13 years, Barky. Who would have thought?! (certainly not my parents... ;)

The picture is from Dan's C3 holiday party. And even though a work Christmas party is now our idea of a "date" we still have fun wherever we go.

Comments

Popular Posts