Really?! Really.








This week has been a bit of a rough one. In Hudson's defense there really is just too much for him to get into. The tree, the ornaments, the lights, the presents, the stockings... And it really is our own fault that we have so many KU ornaments. Umm hello, basketballs?! Seemed like a perfectly good idea when we were Hud-less. Now, not so much.

Yesterday, he pooped in the bathtub. Today, he peed on the rug after his bath. And while I understand he is just a baby, it's that ornery dimply grin that makes me believe he knows just a little more than we give him credit for.

Tonight as Dan was working late and bedtime was approaching, I wearily got Hudson his bottle and began to hand it to him while he was playing on the floor. He reached his hands out for me. Together we cuddled in my chair and I talked and sang to him. As he touched my mouth, looked into my eyes and hung on to my every word I was again reminded at how truly lucky I am to be spending these precious moments with my Hudson.

What a blessing he is. And while he may not have been granted the perfect mama, I'm pretty sure I have the most perfect little boy (aside from the poop and pee, of course.)






Oh, and while you're mindlessly on the web (forgive the assumption, but you are reading my blog), go on over and check out Barky's Blog. He's suddenly decided to join the world of blogging again! Just click on the link on the right. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts