Grrr





Hud-o-saur-us: a flat footed, tumbling, bumbling meat-eater that likes to chase doggies, eat cookies and loves balls. He is the smiliest of all the sauruses.


Back in January I started teaching him. We had decided on a dinosaur theme, "Hudosaurus" to be exact, for his 1st birthday party and so I thought it would be fun if the Hud learned to roar like a dinosaur for his big day.

So I would ask him, "Huddy, what does a dinosaur say?" and after a while he perfected a mean growl in response. I would gasp and say how very scary he was and we would laugh.

Monday we had an appointment to have Hudson's blood drawn. Nothing was wrong, just a routine test as a follow up to his 1 year pediatric check-up. They called his name and we went back to the room for the draw. The nurse had me sit in the chair with him on my lap. He watched, smiling and talking to the nurse as she prepared him. Then suddenly he realized something wasn't quite right as she studied his arm and attached the tight band. He looked up at me then back at her. She readied the needle and I held his arm. Then, the prick. Anticipating tears I braced myself. But no, not for Hudson. Instead he let out his scariest "Grrrrrr!" The nurse continued.

Confused he looked to me as though he couldn't believe she wasn't as scared at his growl as I was. He was looking for a reaction to which she gave him none (aside from a question-mark face and a nervous giggle).

And so, he politely smiled his best scrunchy-face-squinty-dimple grin and we were sent on our way.



He obviously doesn't take after me. I definitely would have held a grudge longer than 5 seconds.

Scratch that, I would have held a grudge. Maybe forever.

You gotta love the Hud.

Comments

Popular Posts