It's Here!





The time has come. We've anticipated it all year and now, it is upon us. It's 2 days of the year I can count on my husband to take off of work wearing nothing but KU gear, eat terrible food with absolutely no nutritional value, drink adult beverages and use adult language.

For most women, this time of year is, as my sister-in-law affectionately refers to it, "the season of worthlessness." But, I'm not one of those women.

I knew this getting in and it's one of my absolute favorite times of year. As I posted before, KU Basketball means so much more. Check out: http://barkofbarky.blogspot.com/2009/11/its-most-wonderful-time-of-year.html

It's a roller coaster of emotions. It's about leaving it all on the court and experiencing heartbreak. It's about "One Shining Moment" and Cinderella stories. The opening round represents 2 days of worthlessness to some, but for me it's fun times spent just the 2 of us, and this year, as a family.

Sunday, as we anxiously awaited the selection show a different soundtrack was added to our routine, the sweet sounds (Ok, maybe it was more like grunts and Aaaas) coming from our newest nervous little jayhawk. And as Dan and I typically would be traveling to watch the action first hand, this year we have a front row seat with the incredibly equipped and beautifully finished Barker Basement with one of the best watching buddies around.

And, because I haven't said before how very happy and proud I am of the basement, I've added some pictures of Barky's hard work. Sure, we've been mocked by friends by how long this project has taken and heard the jeers of what they anticipated to be a DIY disaster. Much to their surprise, it is incredible and I am extremely proud. It is done EXACTLY as we imagined, even better!

Check it out and feel free to send accolades to my dear Barky for his amazing work. Love you, Barks.








Comments

Popular Posts