day 1: getting there is half the fun

Ok, so I'll admit, even coming from a family notorious for fabulous road trips, I've never quite bought into that old saying.  Yesterday, I was nervous.  

We hadn't flown with Hudson since he was 6 months old on a short flight to Denver and had no idea how he would do.  I asked for tips from friends and did my usual exhaustive research, but in the end, decided to pack some snacks and the iPad and just wing it.  

So glad that I did!  Security was MUCH easier this time around with no breast milk, bottles, medicines, etc. eek!  Last time it seemed they had to test everything for explosive material.  As we breezed through and i emerged from the metal detector, I found Hud dancing on a metal table (thank you, daddy) I half wanted to jump up with him and do the happy dance.  One battle, done.  

Stan, Lisa and Dan did a great job once in  the terminal  wearing him down.  The plane ride was pretty uneventful, spare some minor desires to move around more than the cramped quarters of the plane would allow.  He couldn't get too far.  Dan and I were on each side of him with Nana and Granddad across the aisle to engage him in the frequent search for a friendly "hi" and an occasional pass across the aisle for some cuddles and giggles.  


After the flight, we checked into our villa, unpacked and headed off to explore Downtown Disney.  The lights, music and characters were such fun to watch Hudson discover!  A yummy dinner with the animals at Rainforest Cafe, a carousel ride with daddy and lots of dancing made for a fun evening.  Here's some highlights! 
He actually kissed Sleeping Beauty (even though I didn't catch it!) is it ok to use hand sanitizer on lips? 

After a great nights rest, we are off to day 2!  Now the real fun begins! 
I'll attempt to blog as we go.  Let's see if this ol girl can keep up! Any bets? :) 

Comments

Popular Posts